Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pink Depression Glass - would appreciate some help!

Posted by sverdera (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 9, 11 at 21:50

I have recently acquired a very large collection of pink depression glass from my sister who has asked me to try to sell it for her. Unfortunately, knowing little about the glass, I have no idea how to go about this.

I have been doing some research and I stumbled onto this page. I decided to become a member in the hopes that someone might be able to steer me in the right direction. I have over 30 boxes of different manufacturers and patterns. I am in the process of taking pictures of each boxes contents and would like to NOT sell it on ebay. I have nothing against ebay but am concerned that if I list a piece incorrectly it would hurt my own rating or I may not get my sister the money she may have been able to make.

I also realize that selling the glass at a discount is probably the best way to do this but am in need of a honest and reliable service or source.

Could someone offer me any suggestions as to the appropriate type of place or person I could contact to try to have these items sold? I have contacted an auction and an antiques dealer, neither of which specialized in the glass. The auction will auction all the items but there is no minimum price, and I am worried about that.

I do apologize if this is not the correct place to post this but am novice and would appreciate any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pink Depression Glass - would appreciate some help!

Check out the link below,t here is a "contact us" button....I'll bet someone will know who to contact in your area.
Good Luck!
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: depression glass collectors

o

Linda, Thank you very much!

o

Good suggestion by Linda. You want to not only find out a good bottom line on sales price, but you'll find networking with people who collect a certain item takes you immediately to the folks who would be also be interested in buying it. Depression ware is a hot item in my locale, because so many of the producers were local and there are collectors here who wish to obtain factory specific pieces. It may not be this way in every vicinity.

Good luck to you. It would be amazing to see so much of that stuff all in one place!

o

Calliope, thank you for the input. I'm beginning to think I may want to start getting some of these items appraised. Not knowing what they are worth definitely puts me at a disadvantage. I've been talking with someone on the NDGA website who sounds interested in buying the collection. I just have no idea how much these items are worth.

The site itself is a blessing. Filled with wonderful information. Linda C. was spot on directing me to it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here