Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help identify punch bowl

Posted by philybobb (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 3, 13 at 21:34

I picked up this punch bowl and stand at the flea market this weekend and can not seem to figure out the age, maker or pattern anywhere. Obviously pressed glass as the bowl states "near cut". Also just wondering what a ballpark value. Not looking to see high numbers just want to know if I got a good enough deal. Either way I love it and it will be a great center piece at my vintage Christmas party this year. Thanks for any and all help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help identify punch bowl

I inherited a drink pitcher from my mother. She got it new during WW2. Its not the same pattern as your bowl, but has the same "feeling" of period design. My pitcher is also unmarked. I believe it was a 'premium'. After you bought a given number of boxes of soap or other comsumable merchandice, you could choose a piece of glassware or a plate. There were very few pleasures during the war, but we enjoyed many a serving of ice tea or cool-aid from it.

I'm guessing that you piece may be in the time frame of 1945 - 1952, however, it could be from any time after the begining of molded/pressed glass.

o

I posted this link a few months ago, when someone else asked about a pedestal punch bowl. The patterns are done in carnival glass, but there's info (and original pricing) you might find interesting.

Here is a link that might be useful: punch sets, scroll down for pics

o

As a general rule an item is worth about what you paid for it. You could also price similar setsat an antique store or mall. Recently purchased a beautiful leaded crystal large salad bowl for $20.00.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here