Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help Identifying a Lamp

Posted by zephz (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 8, 11 at 20:05

I'm not sure if thing is an antique or not but my family has had the lamp since the early 80s. Anyways, i'm wondering if anyone knows the manufacturer of the lamp and if it has some sort of 'product-line' name too. Thanks in advance.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Help Identifying a Lamp

1950s-1960s Capodimonte-style lamp. The ones similar to this on eBay start around $30 up to maybe $75ish.

o

Thanks for your help :)

o

The lamp looks to be from the 60's which could be considered 'vintage' but not antique. You should be able to get $40.00 or so for the piece. If you have a pair the price will go up somewhat.....Have a great day!

Chris
www.InlandVintage.com

Here is a link that might be useful: www.InlandVintage.com

o

I did a little digging on google images (searching for Capodimonte) and found a nearly identical lamp. Only with the original lampshade (i'm guessing) and minor differences in detail at http://www.stuff-tiques.com/lampsandlighting.htm

Unfortunately, my parents used to have the other matching lamp to go with the one we have now. But it fell off a dresser and broke only a few months after they got it in the 80s.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here