Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
okazaki

Value of 3 items : Radio, Pendulum Clock and a Copper Chandelier

Okazaki
9 years ago

Hello, I would like to know an estimate price for the following items since I`m willing to sell them :

A SIEMENS 13W Radio, Year: 1941/42 [It still works !]

A pendulum clock

A copper chandelier

Comments (5)

• jemdandy
    9 years ago

About the clock:

Who is the maker?

When was it made?

Is it a one day, 8 day, or 31 day clock?
    I can see that it is spring driven and has clock springs for strike and time.

Does it strike on the hour? half-hour? quarter hour?

How tall and wide is it?

Is it in running condition?

Has it got all its parts?

Is the winding key present?

Is the key present for the door latches?

Is the finish original? It seems to be original and the case and finish is in good shape.

The face is in good condition - that is important.

I do not see a maker's label. That is usually on the inside of the case back.

It has a nice pendulum weight. It seems to be an ordinary pendulum. I do not spy any temperature compensation and that is common for most clocks of that style.

Anything else you know about the clock; any interesting owners?

One market for clocks like this one is students looking for a clock for clock repair course. Also, instructors look for clocks for their repair classes, but they do not pay much for those.

Unfortunately at present, the market for old clocks is flat except for special or rare clocks, and clocks with historical significance, for example, a clock once owned by Thomas Jefferson. I have an 8 day shelf, weight driven clock made by Jared Arnold Jr, Amber, NY in about 1830. The case needs restoring. I have installed bushings, polished the gear spindles, and immersion cleaned the works. It was lubricated before putting back into the case. In its present condition, it appraises at $400. After restortion of the case, it might sell for $1000.

We intend to keep it because it was my wife's grandfather's clock. In checking dates of when he lived, it was an old clock when he got it.

• harolds
    9 years ago

The chandlier is neat. Do you have a picture without the glare from the bulbs? It "looks" like the center has a globe over the bulb? Should not the three others have globes to match the center one? It's hard to imagine that nice a fixture would have dangling exposed bulbs.

• lazy_gardens
    9 years ago

Hello, I would like to know an estimate price for the following items since I`m willing to sell them :

Sale price depends on several things:

1 - A better identification of the items and materials. If that is a solid copper light, that's worth more than one with copper plating. If the clock is by a well-known maker it will have a higher price.

2 - Where you are and what is popular there.

• Okazaki
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The chandelier is solid copper, I haven't been in that house in a week so I can't tell more about the clock.
    I live in Romania.

• teddybear_2009
    9 years ago

They are lovely items , I personally think your should have them appraised by someone knowledgeable in your own country, as prices vary from country to country. Good luck and don't sell them too hastily.