Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Repeat ID - sorry to ask again

Posted by dlm2000 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 5, 14 at 17:13

Searched this forum and through google but can't find the name of the type of metal work on this piece. I had asked a few years ago and received wonderful information...... thought I'd written it on a note card and slipped it inside but it's not there.

Can anyone help me again - I promise to keep the information this time!! Thanks -
Deb

photo Vase002_zpsb57e8023.jpg

photo Vase006_zps8ab481ed.jpg

photo Vase007_zps0f5807a1.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Repeat ID - sorry to ask again

Is it cloisonne? Neat style though.

o

No fori, it was a term I'd never heard before - dang I wish I could remember! But thanks for trying.

o

The term that you may be looking for is "Champleve". Instead of building walls to contain the enamel, troughs are gouged out of the base medium, which are then filled with enamel
medium and then fired.

o

madammim thank you very much. Oddly, that term does not sound familiar to me but the description and images I Googled are right on target so that must be it.

I've now written the term and the definition on a note card and it's safely tucked inside the urn - hopefully to stay there! Thank you again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here