Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vizzy_gw

What am I? (Vintage tables)

vizzy
9 years ago

Hi, I have these tables (a coffee table, side table, and console table) each in the design you can see in the attached picture. They have brass bases with glass tops. I've been unable to match them online, though they are similar to some Milo Baughman's I've seen in the past. Can anyone share an educated guess? They've been in my family for many years. Thanks!

Comments (9)

• sunnyca_gw
    9 years ago

Made my day!! After all Vizzy said 1 of the tables Is a "side table" guess this is it!! LOL Good nite!! Yes, would help to see right side up table!!

• colleenoz
    9 years ago

If you click on a sideways picture it will open up in a new window, right way up.

• vizzy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Sorry about that, but when I view this page on my iPad it is in the correct layout. It also shows that I'm loading it right side up so I'm not sure where the problem lies. I've attached another picture - right side up as I can see it.

• shaxhome (Frog Rock, Australia 9b)
    9 years ago

Just a hint...if you left-click your mouse on the sideways pics, you'll see them correctly.

• colleenoz
    9 years ago

Gee, I wish I'd said that.

• voila
    9 years ago

Just a hint. When I left click on the sideways picture it appears SIDEWAYS. I don't know what media you are using, but this constantly telling us to left click, it will appear right side up is NOT working. It seems demeaning, as if we are not smart enough to left click on the photo, but this does not work on my laptop. It's not you, I see it all the time on this site. Wish people could learn how to take pictures right side up.

• cold_weather_is_evil
    9 years ago

>> Wish people could learn how to take pictures right side up.

Pics from devices that rotate their views depending on device orientation often have imbedded "right side up" info that is different from what one sees on the device's screen.

If you take (for example) an iPhone pic and edit it in an image editing app on a computer, it will then show on GW with a predictable orientation because your editing has established an orientation independent of how you're holding the camera.

If you RIGHT CLICK on a sideways pic and get a prompt that says "open link in new tab/window", and choose that option, your laptop's browser has a good chance of straightening the pic out. This is browser dependent.

• shaxhome (Frog Rock, Australia 9b)
    9 years ago

I see the problem, I think. Using Firefox or Chrome as a browser, the click on the sideways pics does correct them. Using Internet Explorer 9, it does not...

No condescension here, just trying to help!

• voila
    9 years ago

Sorry to sound snippy about it. Open in new tab or window didn't work either. Thanks for the browser help, shaxhome.
    I should change from Internet Explorer to Firefox. I would wonder, however, if your pictures continue to post sideways why you wouldn't flip them and then post. I do appreciate knowing that it is the browser, cold_weather and shaxhome.

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts