Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
POP bottle Nu IcU

Posted by BarbAok (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 17, 03 at 15:05

I dug up an old pop bottle. It has the name Nu Icu On the side at the very bottom of the bottle it says Pittsburg Kans. Is it worth anything?
Barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: POP bottle Nu IcU

Never heard of that name, maybe a local bottler? Would probably be worth most around that town, maybe $5-10 in good shape? Some rare local bottles in my area can sell for $20 or more (sometimes much more) you just have to find the few serious collectors.

o

Barb, don't know if it would work, or not, but my first thought was how about calling the Chamber of Commerce in Pittsburgh, KS? Maybe they have a date when the bottler was in operation or a name of an owner, or something. Just a thought... Have you found out anything on it yet?

o

I know this is kind of late, but NU ICU appears to have been a National bottler. Bottles distributed from
RHW - Moberly, MO
So Brewer ME
Whistle Company Salisbury MD
Wilmington, DE
Indianapolis, IN
Austin, TX
Effingham, IL
as well as Pittsburg, KS

o

This is really, really late. But I found a Nu Icu bottle in Franklin Co., VA (Smith Mountain Lake) in the 80's. The bottle includes the text that the bottle design was patented March 9, 1920

o

I have also found one today (3-18-11) in Taylorsville, NC.
Looks like these might have been a lot of places. Mine says, Flavor you can't forget. Same patent as the others.

o

My husband found a bottle the other day(5-24-11) with Nu Icu on it. I was wondering if anybody had anymore info about it and what it might be worth. We are in Stony Point, NC.

o

I have a bottle in excellent condition that was made in either Janesville or Madison, WI March 9, 1920. Both cities were on the bottle.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here