Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
suzieque_gw

Nana's 'Treasures' (Take 2)

suzieque
12 years ago

(I hope this one works - yes, I'm following the directions as posted, but the HTML link on the album doesn't seem to work from here. When I paste in the link shown on the album as HTML link, GW rejects it saying it's not a valid url. Grrrr. Now I'll just try with the http url, which most likely isn't right. Sorry if this is as annoying to you as it is to me! Trying again.)

Hi - I've learned a lot from this forum; thank you! I have some dishes and other items that my grandmother made clear she wanted me to have. She was not a wealthy woman by any means (had government assistance for awhile, as well), so I do not expect these to be worth anything. But I'd like to get an idea of just what I've got. I've started with photos of a few things.

I'm sorry that I've not been able to get a clear picture of the backs/marks. The small brown/green pitcher is kind of a ceramic/pottery, I think. There is a stamp (not painted; it's right in the pottery) on the back that says 'England', and then scratched in with a pencil or something (again, right in the pottery) are the numbers 595.7.1. I think this is adorable.

The Asian pieces are part of a large set; I don't know if it's a full set or not. The ink stamp on the back is a swan with a 'ribbon' underneath, and the name 'PEKIN' inside the ribbon. Under the ribbon are the initials 'J.B'. There is aslo a num ber painted in orange.

The litle saucer and cup (it's not a drinking cup - it's a flat bottome almost custard-type dish) say Imperial Crown china, Austria' on the back. They're very cute; unfortunately, some of the cups have chips.

Can anyone tell me anything from you wide bank of knowledge? Many thanks -

Suzieque

Here is a link that might be useful: Album

Comments (3)