Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Antique/vintage cup decoration - Is this normal? please help

Posted by petalonleaf (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 26, 11 at 8:18

I bought vintage/(antique) William Lowe Court China trio, a cup, saucer and side plate on ebay. The cap has a rim decoration around the outside but only half rim inside. If you hold the cup handle by your right hand in front of you, you can see inside rim decoration but hold by left hand can not see inside decoration. Is this normal in vintage items? or the cup is faulty or seconds? Please see the picture I linked
http://www.flickr.com/photos/61131751@N04/?hide_photostream_welcome=1

The problem was that the seller did not describe about it at all and cleverly (?) took the picture showing inside rim angle (placed cup handle right hand side) so I had no chance to know about the decoration on the cup.

Please anyone let me know so that I can decide whether I should contact the seller.
Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Antique/vintage cup decoration - Is this normal? please help

Yes, that's intentional....you have a right handed cup....presumably one with the decoration on the other would be a left handed cup.
Beautiful by the way!
Linda c

o
RE: Antique/vintage cup decoration - Is this normal? please help

Dear Linda c

Many thanks your reply, I did not know this was designed to be. I decided to keep the trio not to return to the ebay seller.

I will soon upload more vintage cups & saucers to my flickr account (add in the original post), so please take a look if you would like.

Thank you again

petalonleaf

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here