Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Antique Dragon Vase

Posted by vase (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 30, 11 at 3:06

I am trying to find out the value of an antique dragon vase. Am I in any way able to upload photos of it on this website for users to see and comment on?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Antique Dragon Vase

Go to Photobucket and follow directions. It's a free photo sharing site.

o

Managed to do it in photobucket, thank you lindac! Here's the link guys and girls, any advice or information will be greatly appreciated!

http://s1139.photobucket.com/albums/n543/stuckreversing10/Antique Dragon Vase/

Here is a link that might be useful: Antique dragon vase

o

It's hard to value from just a picture. Somewhere between $5 and $5,000,000.

You'll need to have the inscription on the bottom translated, and be aware that copies were often made with the same inscriptions as the originals.

Also, find out what stule the glaze is: sometimes what looks like a sloppy glaze can be on a rare piece.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dragon vase for 5 million pounds

o
RE: Antique Dragon Vase - WARINIG

Warning:

When I visited the site where a dragon vase sold for 5 million pounds, or maybe the photobucket post, I came under attack by a malicious Java app. My virus software blocked it. Beware

o

Try emailing the picture of the bottom stamp to this site.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: asian mark ID.

o

Thanks for that link Linda ... I've been trying to find information on some Japanese pieces I have. I've looked at all the other sites you have provided over time, and haven't been able to match it to any. Now I'll try this one!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here