Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rachelmk_gw

Need help Identifying old lamp..

Rachelmk
12 years ago

Can anybody help me identify this lamp? Also, what the approximate value might be...if anything? This was my mother's lamp that she had purchased several years ago at an auction. It is a lithophane lamp with 5 panels (looks like Victorian scenes with children?) ...works perfectly! I don't see any markings on the lamp itself....any ideas? :/

Here is a link that might be useful: Lamp

Comments (8)

• lindac
    12 years ago

Google found me this....
    does the frame hold a magnet? And a picture of the bulb and fittings would make it clear if it's an old lamp or a newer one re wired.
    Linda c

Here is a link that might be useful: lithophane lamp

• Rachelmk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks Lindac! Well, the frame appears to be brass (does NOT hold a magnet) but the frame appears to be tin maybe? (it DOES hold a magnet)....I've added a couple pics of the bulb and fittings as well. The link you provided of the lithophane lamp looks just like the lamp I have....so it could be the same one possibly?

Here is a link that might be useful:

• lindac
    12 years ago

Not old....appears to be the same as I pictured.
    But that's not telling us who made it and what it sold for...or is selling for...I don't think you will get anything like $175...that person is dreaming!

• Rachelmk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much, Lindac for all your help! :) Yeah- I was thinking of selling it for around $30-$40, as it is a very pretty lamp....just wanted to make sure it wasn't some antique worth way more! ;) Thanks again! :)

• lindac
    12 years ago

I think it's worth more than $30 to $40....unless the lithophane panels are plastic!

• Rachelmk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No, the panels are not plastic....it's made of some sort of plaster? What do you think a good selling price might be?

• lindac
    12 years ago

Depends on how badly you want to sell. Considering that for new ones different but similar theya re asking $105...I think you could easily ask $75 to $100...
    Linda C

• Rachelmk
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Wonderful! Thanks so much Linda for all your help! :)