Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help Identifying old lamp..

Posted by Rachelmk (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 27, 11 at 2:30

Can anybody help me identify this lamp? Also, what the approximate value might be...if anything? This was my mother's lamp that she had purchased several years ago at an auction. It is a lithophane lamp with 5 panels (looks like Victorian scenes with children?) ...works perfectly! I don't see any markings on the lamp itself....any ideas? :/

Here is a link that might be useful: Lamp

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help Identifying old lamp..

Google found me this....
does the frame hold a magnet? And a picture of the bulb and fittings would make it clear if it's an old lamp or a newer one re wired.
Linda c

Here is a link that might be useful: lithophane lamp

o

Thanks Lindac! Well, the frame appears to be brass (does NOT hold a magnet) but the frame appears to be tin maybe? (it DOES hold a magnet)....I've added a couple pics of the bulb and fittings as well. The link you provided of the lithophane lamp looks just like the lamp I have....so it could be the same one possibly?

Here is a link that might be useful: Fittings and bulb pic

o

Not old....appears to be the same as I pictured.
But that's not telling us who made it and what it sold for...or is selling for...I don't think you will get anything like $175...that person is dreaming!

o

Thanks so much, Lindac for all your help! :) Yeah- I was thinking of selling it for around $30-$40, as it is a very pretty lamp....just wanted to make sure it wasn't some antique worth way more! ;) Thanks again! :)

o

I think it's worth more than $30 to $40....unless the lithophane panels are plastic!

o

No, the panels are not plastic....it's made of some sort of plaster? What do you think a good selling price might be?

o

Depends on how badly you want to sell. Considering that for new ones different but similar theya re asking $105...I think you could easily ask $75 to $100...
Linda C

o

Wonderful! Thanks so much Linda for all your help! :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here