Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

What is this chair style called?

Posted by Jacky1983 (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 11, 13 at 2:11

I have been gifted this gorgeous chair once belonging to my Nana.
I want to know what the style of chair is called as one person refferred to it as a jarrah chair (because she thought the arms were made of Jarrah wood) but others disagree.
Would also like to know if anyone could take a guess at how old it is?

Follow-Up Postings:

RE: What is this chair style called?

Unless the colour of your photo is really off I doubt the wood is jarrah, as jarrah tends to be much darker red than that. Could be karri, which is rather springier than jarrah as well.

RE: What is this chair style called?

No older than the late 1930s to mid 1950s ... how old was your grandmother when she got married, and when was it?

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here