Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pedestal Sink

Posted by PolAmerWoman28 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 12, 13 at 0:26

I have a pedestal sink that I'm trying to determine it's value.

Under the sink are the words ROBINSON and MADE IN THE U S A.

Does anyone know anything about the sink or know who I could contact to find out about it?

It looks very much like a 1930 Kohler sink except the faucet holes on this sink are much closer to the center.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pedestal Sink

Where did you get it - what is your best estimate on age?

Because of the weight and fragility, your best market is local restoring projects, via craigslist.

Your competition is modern sinks with a vintage look, so you have to price close to them.

Make sure a modern faucet set can fit the holes, and that the drain hole is not damaged.

o

So, you're telling me that this sink is only worth the value of a new pedestal sink. A Kohler sink from 1930 is worth about $800.00 - $900.00 on http://www.thisoldtubandsink.com/

The sink came from a house in Erie, PA. It is estimated to be about 100 years. The only damage to the sink is underneath (see pic). Will that hurt the value of the sink?

o

Is that rust? Or just staining? If there is no chipping, cracks or rusted metal, it can be ignored.

Yes, that website asks $8-900 for antique Kohler sinks. This is not a Kohler sink, or at least is not a marked Kohler sink, and that site will not pay you $800 for it.

You could try listing it on Craigslist or even etsy.com for $800 and see what happens.

o

We had a sink like that in the upstairs bath of my parents' home, built about 1900. I clearly remember balancing my makeup bottle on the edge of the sink as I got ready for dates.

o

There was a "pottery" named Briggs in Robinson, Illinois. It could have been made there -- they made bathroom fixtures. It's closed now.

o

Thanks for the info folks. :-)

o

My parents bought the house in Peoria, Illinois, to accommodate my addition to the family. I was child #3, and they moved in during May of 1941. They were the 2nd owners of that house, and they never replaced the sink. It was a beautiful, classic sink, much nicer than most pedestal sinks I see today. I liked the rim for holding the toothpaste while brushing my teeth or being able to park my makeup bottles on the edge as I daubed my face with this and that.

I remember as far back as the middle or late 1940s. I hope you see this answer to your questions. Your email would not allow me to reply.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here