Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cushman Colonial 3 drawer dresser

Posted by rvird01 (My Page) on
Fri, May 11, 12 at 23:54

I bought a solid maple Cushman Colonial 3 drawer dresser this weekend for $125. I love the dresser for it's simplicity and the fact that it is solid wood.

I would like to know the age of it. I know it was made in 1933 or after since that's when they introduced the Colonial line. I also know that it is before 1950 since they went to a numbering system where the first 2 numbers represented the year the piece was made and everything after that was made of yellow birch.

Inside the top drawer is a rectangular metal plate with scrolled edges and "Genuine Cushman Colonial Creation, No 2233". On the back of the dresser Cushman 2043 is imprinted. Is it normal to have 2 different numbers?

I have searched high and low trying to find another like this one or a definitive guide to Cushman's model numbers with no success. Anyone able to help?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cushman Colonial 3 drawer dresser

You need this book:
The complete reference guide to Cushman Colonial Creations : furniture made by the H.T. Cushman Manufacturing Company of North Bennington, Vermont, with value guide
Author: Bradley J Williams; H.T. Cushman Manufacturing Company.
Publisher: Robesonia, PA : Bradley J. Williams Pub., �2002.

http://www.worldcat.org/title/complete-reference-guide-to-cushman-colonial-creations-furniture-made-by-the-ht-cushman-manufacturing-company-of-north-bennington-vermont-with-value-guide/oclc/51309360

Ask your library to get it for you on "inter-library loan"

o
RE: Cushman Colonial 3 drawer dresser

Thanks!!! I will go to my library and ask them on Monday.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here