Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
can you help me identify this sofa?

Posted by meatandthree (My Page) on
Mon, May 30, 11 at 23:45

http://nashville.craigslist.org/atq/2410584727.html

we got this sofa at a yard sale, had it resprung and recovered. the cushion is a heavy goosedown piece. would love any insight into the style/period/worth. Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: can you help me identify this sofa?

Looks to me like you are advertising it for sale.

o

yes, trying to sell it - would like to find out more about it for exactly that reason:) couldn't figure out how to post photos so I just linked to the craigslist ad...

o

best guess of age is 1930-1960

YOu can still buy them new in some furniture stores.

o

Around here that general style seems to be a dime a dozen just now, so my guess is that you'll have trouble getting your price. The central wood detail in yours is unusual but many of them have some cool woodwork detail or another. An alarming number of them are pink so you might have an advantage in that regard :-)

To me these always look a little too rickety for me to have any real confidence in their ability to hold all the weight they can seat!

Someone just started a thread explaining how to post photos.

KarinL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here