Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
holloway32

i broke my grandmother's punch bowl - please help!!

Holloway32
11 years ago

My maternal grandmother died in 1972, 10 years before I was born. One of the items that she gave my mother, before she died, was her favorite punch bowl. As you can imagine, my mother cherished this bowl. My mom is a very simple, down-to-earth, non-materialistic type person. She doesn't want, nor does she have, alot of 'stuff'. 2 weeks ago, at my 2-year old son's bday party, my wife asked to borrow a punch bowl, never imagining that my mom would let her use my grandmother's bowl. After the party, we loaded up the SUV and placed the bowl in the back floor board to keep it from sliding. I didn't know it was in the floor behind the driver's seat and, when I slid my seat back, it broke into 5 pieces. Needless to say, I was devistated. I told my mom about it and, as much as it upset her, being the great mom that she is, told me 'not to worry about it. It's just a bowl'.

I am going to replace her bowl. I've tried to piece it back together but have gotten no where. Does anyone know of a company/vendor that, if I mailed them the pieces, they could piece it together for me? I do not care if it is usable, I just want her to have it back. If this service doesn't exist, by looking at the attached pics, can anyone tell me the make/model (I know it isn't a car but I have no clue whatelse to call it)? I want to be able to buy her a new one but need to know what to search for.

I am so sorry for the crueling length of this post.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

JSH

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics Of Broken Punch Bowl

Comments (7)