Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help with finding out age of National Sewing Machine

Posted by rednecklady (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 12 at 22:52

I recently was given my grandmother's sewing machine from my Dad. He said it was purchased before he entered the Army in 1950 but not sure where from. It is in a table.There is a silver plate stamped NATIONAL on the front. The color is white with a blue face. a #126 stamped underneath and the foot pedal is a Boco model 66 1A-115V AC-DC also the table is stamped...71818X
the front is a blue color. there is three white buttons on the front bottom that reads.....embr. silk. norm. one on each.
There is three large silver dials on front with a small white dial in the middle.One of the dials is says button holer. Also a silver dial just above the needle 0-9. There are two silver spool holders on back and one on top. The table is of a dark oak color and the door swings out to the left with a spool holder attached to the inside of door. If anyone has any info or need pics I can provide....PLEASE help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help with finding out age of National Sewing Machine

national made sewing machines to be marketed by Wards and Sears....they were not very good machines. I know I had one that dated from about 1955.
Did you do a google search?

o

Can you post a pic somewhere? It doesn't sound like a machine made by National in the USA, more like a post WWII Japanese machine with a National badge. No American made Nationals had zig-zag or buttonhole capability.

o

Hello cooksnsews I can't figure out how to email you the pics can you direct me please...thanks

o

You have to have the pics stored on the web, on a site like Flickr or Webshots, etc. On the Kitchen Forum, there is a thread for newbies that is constantly being bumped that explains how to load pics into a post.

o

I recently inherited a National sewing machine, too. Does anyone know how to tell what year it was manufactured? Photos attached.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here