Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tanner1887

What is it? Maker? Antique or Modern?

Tanner1887
10 years ago

Hello again. Have another piece I could use some help with...Have no idea who makes these types, but the colors caught my eye so I couldn't pass it up. Stands about 5 1/2 inches tall..No maker's mark that I can see. Any help would be great. Thanks!!

Comments (9)

• Tanner1887
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Bottom

• colleenoz
    10 years ago

Style looks rather 70s to me, but I could be wrong....

• triciae
    10 years ago

Not antique. Maybe, mid-west? Looks pretty new. What's that top? Can't see it well in the pix.

/tricia

• Fori
    10 years ago

I have a nice casserole dish that would look perfect with it. Mine is 1990s, southern CA artist.

• Tanner1887
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Top view

• lazy_gardens
    10 years ago

Is it a 1970s oil lamp?

Some sort of bead with the wick stuck in it rested on the top, and they sometimes had a small glass chimney protecting the flame.

Here is a link that might be useful: similar lamp

• Tanner1887
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Very interesting @ lazy gardens...I believe you maybe correct with the oil lamp.

• triciae
    10 years ago

fori, I've got a covered casserole dish I got at the Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach in the mid-80s that would look good with it also. :)

/tricia

• Fori
    10 years ago

Tricia, there is an extremely very darn good chance mine was from Sawdust. It was a gift from a friend of my grandmother. And my grandma exhibited for years at Art-A-Fair. But everyone knew the cool stuff was at Sawdust down the street. (Everyone except Grandma!)

Mine is clearly signed and dated 1993. (I looked at it last night and already forgot the name--just a feminine first name.)

So anyway, Tanner, that style was going at least into the '90s but I always think of it as being earlier. Your lamp (?) has a rather pretty glaze I think.

Sponsored
Kelly Marino Designs
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars37 Reviews
Award Winning & Professional Interior Design Services in Virginia