Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Noritake Art Deco creamer and sugar bowl.

Posted by mama_goose (My Page) on
Sun, May 23, 10 at 22:13

I purchased this Noritake creamer and sugar bowl at a thrift store. Any ideas on the age, pattern or value? The pattern reminds me of something by Clarice Cliff. Similar pieces I've found on the internet list values from $10-$15 each (missing lid). I paid .69 for each piece.

Thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful: pics 13, 14 & 15

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Noritake Art Deco creamer and sugar bowl.

It's hard top see the mark...is that "RC" to the left of the word Noritake?
If so it's likely early 20th Century...I think that mark was registered about 1910....but the records for the Morimura group are varied and sketchy.
My best guess is it's about 1910 to maybe 1920.
Don't know what it's worth with out a lid....but they sure are cute.....and I would pay $1.40 for those 2 pieces any day!
Linda C

o

Thanks LindaC,

No 'RC' on the mark--just 'NORITAKE' over a laurel leaf-type circle, large 'M' in center, and 'MADE IN JAPAN' under that mark. LOL, anyone have an extra lid?

o

I used to have the name and phone number of someone known as The Lid Lady....she specialized in stray lids....and if you found what you needed, she wasnt' cheap...but you had your lid.
It seems that when a piece broke people tossed out the lid...so extra lids are scarce.
Good luck!
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here