Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to make cosmos-brenner oil lamp battery operated light

Posted by nam65 (My Page) on
Wed, May 9, 12 at 21:53

I have a German Ships Light that I would like to change from oil to electric or battery LED .
The oil lamp is a brass Kosmos Brenner.I would like to unscrew the lamp from the oil storage base and replace with a electric or battery unit.

Any info would be helpful...Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to make cosmos-brenner oil lamp battery operated light

Pictures?

Especially show the oil storage area and the oil burner area. You might be able to slide a battery into the storage area and run wires to a small LED in the old burner area.

o
RE: How to make cosmos-brenner oil lamp battery operated light

Before you drill holes in the lamp, check its antique/collector value. I would be inclined to make only conversions that are reversible.

You may be able to use parts from an LED lantern. The electronic circuits would be ready made.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here