Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Platter ID please

Posted by jesse_2008 (My Page) on
Tue, May 11, 10 at 21:15

PhotobucketPhotobucket
I have this person thats asking about this platter. All I can tell her is that I bought it at a yard sale. She really likes it ALOT. She is a family friend, and her birthday is coming up. This would be a perfect gift and then some info. to go along with it, would put the icing on the cake. Thank You. It has a couple of marks that look like a thumb print,not sure if you can see them. The platter looks porcelain.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Platter ID please

Can't see the mark....could it be a pie plate?
Don't know the pattern...looks porcelain to me too...a.nd not old....but again I =can't see the mark.
Linda C

o

Not light blue Milkglass is it? Fenton comes to mind. They would make things occasionally that are one of a kind type instead of their usual sets or many pieces of a color or style, Hobnail, Ming, Velvatone,Snowcrest, Coindot, etc. Could that be where a sticker was on the back of platter in those 2 places. They often used a sticker on their pieces.

o

Thanks to all who have helped! The markings on the back are not very visible, What I have been able to see are two marks that are a round like circle with 7 verticle lines, these lines are very faint at first I thought the mark was "minton" but that was a no go. I'll keep searching with the info you all have given. Thanks to all

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here