Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dan Mitra question

Posted by jw2856 (My Page) on
Sun, May 8, 11 at 19:04

i have a picture of a mallard by Dan Mitra, its signed in the lower right hand corner, no number, and is titled mallard on the bottom left hand side. here is the link to the picture on photobucket http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums/l544/sstarrstrese/dan mitra print/?action=view¤t=052.jpg

i am having a hard time finding this on the net,anyone one familiar with it? thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: dan mitra picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dan Mitra question

No number....I wonder if it's an original print. he did print in large editions....
Try Googling his name....there's lots out there....then check on ebay...
Linda C

o

thanks for the reply, ive tried everywhere on the net cant find anything yet, will keep searching

o

Well here's a whole bunch signed for $65.00 each.

You could contact the gallery owner. Just because these aren't exactly like the one you have doesn't mean the price won't compare.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dan Mitra

o

From what I can find on the net...Dan Mitra worked both in etchings and in lithographs. I don't know if he made a lithograph from the plates of his engravings or if they were dfferent works.
The engravings are selling for about 10 times what the lithographs sell for....or perhaps those selling "lithographs" for $60 don't know the difference between the 2.
does your picture have a plate line?
Linda c

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here