Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Queen Anne Drop Leaf Table

Posted by justme4now (My Page) on
Sat, May 26, 12 at 18:50

I know that this doesn't really 'fit' into the antique forum but since Linda and others have such a vast knowledge of 'stuff' .. I thought that I'd give it a try!

I purchased this table today because of the drop leaf design and the great condition.

My question is .. is it possible to find a maker?

Other than some numbers on the bottom and the table slides which say "Walter of Wabash" there are no other identifying marks.

Thank You Everyone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Queen Anne Drop Leaf Table

One of many nice, but orphaned, pieces.

o

I wouldn't call it orphaned.....but perhaps B...rd! LOL! It doesn't know who it's daddy is and it really doesn't matter at all!! It's a sweet little table, looks like cherry. I have a cousin in maple made by Kling according to the metal tag in the drawer, but the legs on mine are not Queen Anne..(wish they were!).
Mine was new in 1959....and I still love it....handy table for supper for 2 or just as a side table.
Enjoy!
Linda C

o

You folks are the 'best'!

I really didn't think that I would ever find a maker.
(Just wanted an excuse to post some pictures) 8)

I paid $25.00 at Goodwill and I am always amazed at what people give away!

I took the pictures with a $300.00 olympus camera that I paid $8.25 at the same store!

And it was Brand New, still in the box!

o

( makes note.....don't forget Goodwill run this week...)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here