Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identification/Value of English bone china

Posted by nanny2a (My Page) on
Fri, May 9, 08 at 16:12

My grandmother passed along to me a beautiful tea service for eight which I'm curious to identify and get an idea of value. The marking on the bottom of the cups says, "Victoria" above the crown, and C. & E. Bone China England below. Each cup also has a gold handwritten number that looks like "S 90" or perhaps "3 90", it's hard to identify. Does anyone know anything about this china. It's lovely, but unfortunately, we aren't tea drinkers........

Here is a link that might be useful: bone china

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identification/Value of English bone china

Google shows us that Cartwright and Edwards are the C & E, and that the Victoria Pottery was added in 1912. There's quite a bit of it on Ebay, and it's not getting huge prices, but it's certainly very pretty. Just because you're not going to have tea parties right now--you might want to hang on it it.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Potteries.

o

Thanks ideefixe, guess I'll hang on to it for now.

o

i was left a dinner set on the back it says fine bone china royal stuart made in england is it valuable please

o

It's fine bone china....not as desirable as say Royal Doulton or Royal Worchester, but worth something.
What's "valuable"? Up to you to decide.
Linda C

o

we have inherited 4 tea and breakfast services with nowhere to put them and i wondered if any could be of value 1.is marked arthur wood england 2. is a number 36 i think queen a.w.&s england 3.is vale china hjc longton england and finally 4.is victoria c&e bone china england thank you for your help

o

Nanny, your set brings back a memory. I bought a teacup like that for my daughter when she was in college because the violet is the chosen flower for her sorority. It was a little Easter basket gift for her.

o

malcom....no one can tell you anything about your "breakfast service" without more information and pictures.
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here