Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help Identify China Set??

Posted by SL777 (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 13:12

If anyone could give me any help with the Maker / design name / or date, i would much appreciate any info on this china set??
I cant find info anywhere...

The Mark on the Back is a Crown, with the words:
Fine Bone China
Made in England I can Post a Photo.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help Identify China Set??

Many English manufacturers used/still use crowns in their back stamps. It would help to post a picture. Your china doesn't look that old and has similarity to Royal Albert pieces. Look very carefully to identify a number or pattern name on all the pieces, and please post a picture. The crown style is meaningful to collectors.

o

This is the makers mark on all pieces, its very vague and I am no expert when it comes to china, It does have similarities to Royal Albert country rose pattern, but this seems to have not a yellow rose but a different yellow flower???

o

I'm sorry to say that I've pretty much exhausted my obvious references and also cannot find info on your set. It's highly unusual to have a trademark (the crown) without some manufacturer initials or name or something, especially since the other words have been added. Many used crowns and multiple crowns, but did not use each others crowns. So it's possible that you can find a reference guide identifying owners of crown shape trademarks. Not knowing anything about how/when you acquired the set, you should also consider it might be an attempt to mislead (i.e., new Asian fake, and not English). It happens more and more these days.

o

I went through "crown section" of my 2 "marks" books by Ralph & Terry Kovel & it isn't in their books.

o

I also searched online and had no luck. But there should be something somewhere if it's legitimate. It took me eons of on and off searching to find my grandmother's tea set using the anchor symbol.

o

I have the same mark on a set I have aquired. I don't know what it is but would like to find out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here