Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sl777

Help Identify China Set??

SL777
10 years ago

If anyone could give me any help with the Maker / design name / or date, i would much appreciate any info on this china set??
I cant find info anywhere...

The Mark on the Back is a Crown, with the words:
Fine Bone China
Made in England I can Post a Photo.

Comments (11)

• annie1971
    10 years ago

Many English manufacturers used/still use crowns in their back stamps. It would help to post a picture. Your china doesn't look that old and has similarity to Royal Albert pieces. Look very carefully to identify a number or pattern name on all the pieces, and please post a picture. The crown style is meaningful to collectors.

• SL777
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is the makers mark on all pieces, its very vague and I am no expert when it comes to china, It does have similarities to Royal Albert country rose pattern, but this seems to have not a yellow rose but a different yellow flower???

• annie1971
    10 years ago

I'm sorry to say that I've pretty much exhausted my obvious references and also cannot find info on your set. It's highly unusual to have a trademark (the crown) without some manufacturer initials or name or something, especially since the other words have been added. Many used crowns and multiple crowns, but did not use each others crowns. So it's possible that you can find a reference guide identifying owners of crown shape trademarks. Not knowing anything about how/when you acquired the set, you should also consider it might be an attempt to mislead (i.e., new Asian fake, and not English). It happens more and more these days.

• sunnyca_gw
    10 years ago

I went through "crown section" of my 2 "marks" books by Ralph & Terry Kovel & it isn't in their books.

• annie1971
    10 years ago

I also searched online and had no luck. But there should be something somewhere if it's legitimate. It took me eons of on and off searching to find my grandmother's tea set using the anchor symbol.

• Saskia_5
    10 years ago

I have the same mark on a set I have aquired. I don't know what it is but would like to find out.

• Dob572
    9 years ago

Any luck locating this marking. My crown is the exact same but the words are " Bone China Made in England"

Thanks

This post was edited by Dob572 on Wed, May 28, 14 at 14:45

• Hawaiibound
    9 years ago

My mother has this exact china pattern (a tea set she purchased in England) and some of the pieces were destroyed when her china cabinet fell. I'm trying to find replacements but cannot identify the pattern or the maker. The back stamp is this very same crown. Can anyone help me identify the pattern and the maker or at least tell me where to find replacement pieces? Thanks!

• blfenton
    9 years ago

Take a flashlight and gradually run it over a plate and see if you can't see anything actually stamped into the plate that your fingers or eyes may not be able to pick up.

My Mother-in-law and my mother have both cleared out their homes this year and I have been doing a lot of research on their china pieces and it's unusual to not have more info to trace.

• Hawaiibound
    9 years ago

Regarding the earlier flower pattern china with the "crown" back stamp and Fine Bone China Made in England words stamped on the back, I spoke with my mother and she said that after she visited the Tea Pot Museum in Norwich, UK, she and my father and their friend, Neville, went into a small shop next door to the museum and purchased this tea set from the section in the basement. So that tells me that it is not a Chinese or Japanese knock-off; however, she said that she thought that the china may have been seconds since the set didn't cost that much. Would that assist someone in locating the place in Norwich that sells this pattern? My mother's china cabinet fell and crushed the tea pot, two of the cups and two of the saucers. I would like very much to replace these since the set has such sentiment for her. Many thanks for anyone who can help!