Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with this pattern of china?

Posted by jaxnurse (My Page) on
Thu, May 17, 12 at 12:29

I was so excited to get such fast input on my glassware, I kept digging in the boxes - found 8 of these plates, only says "hand painted (---)in Germany" on back. Probably from the same era (20's-40's?) Thanks so much - probably going to list these on Ebay, I have SO much stuff to move and going to a little apartment!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with this pattern of china?

Can't tell you what the name of the pattern is....doesn't much matter. There was a lot of that sort of stuff sold between 1890 and about WW I. Lots of stuff with roses, some sort of a green background and hand applied gold squiggles.
The roses are transfer printed....a decal sort of thing but the gold may have been hand done and also the green.
I would advertise it as a set....if it is indeed a set of dessert or luncheon or dinner plates....depending on what they are, porcelain, made in Germany with some hand applied decoration.
About 25 years ago they were big time collectables and people lined their plate rails with them and made arrangements on their dining room walls.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here