Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
need help identifying tea set please!!

Posted by hotrodfordaj (My Page) on
Tue, May 31, 11 at 11:14

i have a beautiful tea set i inherited from my great grandmother recently. i cannot find anything about it on the internet at all. havent found any markings on the back as of yet. i do haveh pictures. if anyone could be of help let me know and ill email some pictues. thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: need help identifying tea set please!!

Go to photobucket and open a free account and post a picture. many people read this forum, many more than one you might send your picture to.
Linda C

o

UPDATE: here is a photo i have of the set. will get a few close ups tonight and post tomorrow. the roses are pink, and there are gold rings on the outer edge of some of the dishes, and silver on others. 4 of each have gold and the other 4 have silver rings.

Here is a link that might be useful: china set displayed

o

Wow.....that's not a tea set it's a dinner set! 8 five piece place settings plus a couple of serving pieces.
What's the mark on the bottom?...Really no mark? On any piece?

o

tonight when i go home, i will look each piece over carefully for any marks and have some close up pics in the morning.

o

more photos of the dish set. the only markings i can find is stamped on the bottom as show in the picture : USA
so far cannot find any other marks. there are some closeups of the artwork to mabee help identify

Here is a link that might be useful: more photos

o

It appears to be pottery and not porcelain...is that so?
I am really stumped.
Time frame looks to be maybe late 1950's....does that make sense with what you know of it?
Send a picture to replkacements and see what they say.
Linda C

o

i believe its homer laughlin moss or cali rose. Probably dates to the late 40s or 50s

o

Not Homer Laughlin....the blanks are different and the flower is different and Homer Laughlin was always marked.

o

We have no idea any history info on the set. my grandmothers condition has deteriorated in the 2 years since i recieved it. she is unable to remember or speak. she is the only one with any info on it and apparently her info is lost forever. ill find out today if it is pottery or porcelain. i did send the pics to replacements.com and excited to hear their reponse thank you

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here