Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Art deco telephone I think

Posted by deeannem (My Page) on
Tue, May 25, 10 at 10:31

I'm new here and feel horrible asking for free help but, I've searched for items on Google until I contracted malware that thank God I managed to get rid of.

I found only 1 like mine except it was black and looked brand new. She is selling it for $393 plus shipping. She also says it's entirely brass and I don't think they are. Some parts are but others aren't. When cleaning the dial I can see a bit of metal under it. I don't see well so I may be wrong. I'm really confused and frustrated.

I believe because of the period of art nouveau and art deco this must be deco. I can find no markings but again so many times they're in the weirdest places and tiny.

I am in need of money right now and want to sell this piece so I put it on Craigs List but, would really like to know more about it if anyone can help.

This is the link to my posting and not in an attempt to sell it here. I do want to sell it local and avoid the horrible packing and shipping charges.

http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/clt/1747418723.html

I would appreciate any advice, knowledge any of you may have.

Thanks very much for your time,
Dee

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Art deco telephone I think

I have no clue, but that is a really neat telephone!!!
Thanks for posting

Here is a link that might be useful: live link

o

I think 1950s to 1970s Hollywood Regency is more like it--think Zsa Zsa Gabor, not Jean Harlow

o

Oh, I agree with you and it's probably a reproduction. I just don't know and am hoping someone will be able to give me something more on it.

Jaybird it really is neat and I would keep it under better circumstances.

Thank you both for responding.

o

Here's another craigslist add:

Here is a link that might be useful: telephone

o

There is one on Etsy for $395 that is identical except the phone is black.

o

Another one on craigslist:

o

Thanks so much for the links! The one of Etsy is like mine accept, as you said, palimpsest, the color is different. This is the one I was able to locate during my search.
The other two, mama goose, are different having more brass or metal on the phone and it looks like the design on the base is different. Otherwise, they are alike. Still, I wish someone knew who made these things and when. You would think there were more of them around.

I'm going to have a garage sale this weekend so will probably sell it this way.

Thanks to all of you for being so kind in helping me.
I'm still curious so if anyone finds any more info on them please post it.

o

Here's a link that mentions a mfgr.--not sure if it matches yours.

And this looks like the same ad/different price.
same phone

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here