Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alisande_gw

LL Bean wildlife plates..........?

alisande
13 years ago

I can't find mention of these anywhere:

A set of six plates (dinner size), white a different color design on each (Pheasant, Deer, Trout, Salmon, and two Ducks)

Back reads: Decorated by Delano Studios, Setauket, L.I., N.Y. Expressly For L. L. Bean Inc. Freeport, Maine Hand Colored

They look quite collectible to me, but what do I know?

This is beginning to remind me of my experience with the Senor Pico dishes........I couldn't find any information about them, other than the fact that the Senor Pico restaurants had dwindled down to only one--in Thailand!. I ended up saving them for my granddaughter.

Ideas, anyone?

Thanks!

Susan

Comments (9)

• Ideefixe
    13 years ago

So what are you asking? If there's an aftermarket or collectors for these? There seems to be a collector for everything, so why not LL Bean wildlife plates?

Delano made a lot of specialty plates--the Audubon series is quite nice.

• alisande
    Original Author
    13 years ago

So what are you asking? If there's an aftermarket or collectors for these?

Yup, and what they're paying. I hate to price something without having some idea of what the market is like.

• maddielee
    13 years ago

like these on Ebay?

Here is a link that might be useful: LL Bean plates

• lindac
    13 years ago

I hate to tell you....but there is practically no aftermarket sale for collectors plates...but for a select few first edition ones.
    Look on ebay for completed sales....pages and pages of listings with very very few marked "sold".
    If you can get $10 for the lot, you will be doing well.
    Linda C

• alisande
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL Maddielee, how'd you do that? I thought I was a reasonably skilled eBay searcher, but I missed that one completely. Yes, those are the same plates. I'll watch the auction and see how it does.

I wouldn't mind using these plates myself. I don't hunt or fish, but I like wildlife.....

• bspofford
    11 years ago

Hey, Alisande,
    I followed you on the old house forum when you moved to Lubec. Is the house done? That was one huge project!

Barbara in Biddeford

• alisande
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Barbara, I think you must be referring to someone else. That is, I do have an old house, and I did put quite a lot of work into it--about 10 years ago. And I've been on the Old House forum occasionally, although not all that much. But I have no idea where Lubec is. :-)

• bspofford
    11 years ago

Hmmm, the person I'm thinking of bought a mansard roofed house in Lubec, Maine, and posted the progress of cleaning, restoring, etc. I thought it was you, but obviously not.

Thank your lucky stars, it was a HUGE project.

Barbara

• texasredhead
    11 years ago

The entire collectible market doesn't really exist any longer due to Ebay being flooded. I feel sorry for folks who collected what ever thinking it would pay for their retirement. A good thing to collect for retirement is money.