Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ISO Info on Sterling Baby Spoon

Posted by country_bumpkin_al (My Page) on
Tue, May 24, 11 at 0:22

Bought this Sat.at a yard sale just because I thought it was cute. Now, I'd like some information on/about it.

Thanks!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ISO Info on Sterling Baby Spoon

Baby spoons could often be done with whimsical motifs. You have the silver content and maker so maybe you could google that or check ebay from time to time. I don't have more info but I wasn't sure if you knew at least what I just stated. Its a great spoon in my opinion and would make a wonderful gift or possibly do well on ebay due not only to the fact that its sterling but because of its motif.

o

It was made by Paye & Baker who made a lot of souvenier spoons & gift sets. Your spoon probably had a matching fork.

o

I forgot to mention that it's from 1900-1910.

o

Any idea if it has any value and how much? Probably a little more than the $.10 I paid for it! lol

o

I would guess, it ought to bring $35 to $40.
It's really cute....might even bring more!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here