Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ever seen one of these?

Posted by idie2live (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 21, 10 at 22:54

Sorry for the crummy pics, but I took them with my cell.

I came across this while browsing the other day. It had "Spool Storage" stamped or painted in large letters that were faded. It was about 2' tall and maybe 18" wide. Opposite sides were identical. The side with the door was a rollup door. The other side has a glass front. There were hinged openings on top to insert the thread.

It was cracked and the wood appeared to be very dry, but had a price over $200 (can't recall exactly).
Wonder who would have used it?
Loretta

Sprint PictureMail

Sprint PictureMail

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ever seen one of these?

Yep...in a display of a dry goods store.

o

Yes - back when there were fewer colors of thread, these were used as dispensers of the thread for sale.

o

Oh, they probably used them when I was a kid, but I just don't remember.
The wood was in bad shape, but doors worked and the hardware seemed to all be there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here