Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found in Gma's attic-ID please

Posted by Katrinka_Fido (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 5, 11 at 22:20

Hello good folks!
OK, it is a lamp but strange or what? The base & neck are painted wood & chipping but the top is as HEAVY as my bowling ball.(could be wood under??something) Sorry I didn't clean it up since not sure what I'm going to do with it yet.Maybe it will go to my attic. Has anyone seen anything like it? What kind of shade would it have had? Thanks again, Katrinka
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found in Gma's attic-ID please

Was Grandma into Tetris?

That lamp is weird. I want it. Whatever shade you get, it'll have to be strange. Don't put it in your attic. It's too...special? Bet it's hard to dust.

Thank you for sharing! Too cool!! :)

o

It's tramp art that someone has painted.
Any sign that the top section is a box that has been put around something to make a lamp?
If the base is wood and the top so heavy, what keeps it from falling over?
Linda c

Here is a link that might be useful: tramp art

o

It may have had a shade of popsicle sticks at one time.

o

Ohhh it makes me so sad to see tramp art painted and cut into! Save it! Even as is it's special...if it's not your cup of tea special, it is worth putting on ebay.

I'd do something kind of funky on top...big barrell shade in a roughly textured non patterned cloth like a dupioni or an italian "burlap" silk.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here