Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Identify Dining Room Chairs

Posted by mydogmeg (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 21:01

Please help me identify this chair. I just inherited a table & chairs from my 92 y/o grandmother.

Thanks!

I've never tried to create an http link so I apologize if my entire photostream pops up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38314082@N04/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Identify Dining Room Chairs

Not sure what sort of an ID you want....they are 1930's chairs with a sort of Jacobean revival leg.

o

Thank you for responding. I am clueless when it comes to antiques. If I ever wanted to sell, how would my description read??? The only antique terms I know is chippendale or early american or ladder back chair or shield chair.

Clueless! :-)

o

You could say something like "Jacobean Revival chairs with curved top rail, splat back with incised design, turned front legs, dark walnut stain and avocado green vinyl padded drop-in seat".

o

You might add..."set of (how ever many you have) in excellent condition"...if they all look like the one pictured.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here