Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pinch_me

Trash or Treasure?

pinch_me
12 years ago

A friend has offered several things of her mother's. I'm not into collecting things to dust so I'm trying to convince her to put them on ebay or etsy but she keeps wanting me to take them. I'm about ready to do it and try to sell them for her. But do we have trash or treasure? I really like the Humpty dumpty and if it's worth something I would want to slip her a few bucks just between us gurls ;-)

{{gwi:1382091}}

{{gwi:1382092}}

{{gwi:1382093}}

{{gwi:1382094}}

{{gwi:1382095}}

{{gwi:1382096}}

And then there are these two pictures that I think are two different items.

{{gwi:1382097}}

{{gwi:1382098}}

Do I tell her to take them to Goodwill or sell them for big bucks or what?

Comments (14)

• lindac
    12 years ago

Need to see the marks on the pottery pieces....some have possibilities.

• Fori
    12 years ago

That first thing is so evil looking you HAVE to keep it! Is it a creamer? It's hilarious! (No, I'm really not helpful at all.)

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    12 years ago

That Humpty Dumpty thing.... I looked on ebay and there are S&P and ....shoot! I forgot already what I saw. But it made me think this might be part of a set. I emailed my friend for pictures of the bottoms and something beside it so we could judge size.

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    12 years ago

This is all I got so far.

Base of the cockatoo
    {{gwi:1382099}}

Base of one of the ducks
    {{gwi:1382100}}

• lindac
    12 years ago

LOL! Not promising!
    I would tell her to keep the ducks...looks like the cockatoo was a "ceramic class project" but I like it.
    Does your friend do a garage sale? LOL!
    Teh cockatoo is cute and I could find a use for it on a table for a special tropical dinner......and the humpty-dumpty could perhaps hang around looking for more family members.....but the rest...no thanks!

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm going to ask her for Humpty. Otherwise, there isn't anything I want to give a home. Thanks.

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

The bird on the driftwood is sold at shops near the ocean, probably in any state that is near an ocean. They were items you bought to take home as reminder of your trip or to give to friend. Still sell them. Depending on size $6 to $20 or so,haven't been to beach lately. Kids took 1 home couple of years ago. Bird is usually a seagull. Look best in beach house!!

• sunnyca_gw
    12 years ago

Do the 2 ducks have a place for a light like you put in pumpkins or a Santa with the little clip thing or some other type fastener,it reminds me of the old TV lamps(bad to watch TV in dark, they said, so people would have these little lamps shaped like birds, ship, & various other items)

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No, they weren't intended to be lamps.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    12 years ago

I would definitely take the Humpty Dumpty! I agree with Fori that he is hilarious. Love it!

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I like Humpty so much but I have no where to display anything. I thought I would offer her $?? for him.... How much $$? Her husband saw them on some old time collectable site for $40. The prices on eBay for Humpty items with the same facial features are starting at $10. I haven't been back to see if they are selling. Sigh. I don't NEED him. He sure is cute, though, and too cute to live packed away in a box.

• pinch_me
    Original Author
    12 years ago

There are only two of this style on eBay right now. The others on the oldtymecollectables site include postage. Someone slap me!! I DON'T need this! I don't need to spend money on something I don't need! Grocery prices and gas prices are going up and up. My wages stay the same. "The economy......." Yeah, right. How many people off the street can do my job?

Here is a link that might be useful: Humpty items here

• lindac
    12 years ago

I didn't know that he's ac reamer AND a sugar.....way too cute!
    Offer her $10....you need something amusing if things are so grim!

• kim_okla
    12 years ago

The Brad Keeler is a good piece.