Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White glass piece found in the barn - can you tell me what it is?

Posted by kim0201 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 3, 11 at 19:44

Can you help me identify this glass object with a spout which I found in the barn? Thank you.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mystery glass object

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White glass piece found in the barn - can you tell me what it

Well silly us - husband finally figured out it had something to do w/ a mixer and after more research, I answered my own question. It's a juicer accessory for a Sunbeam mixer which had belonged to his grandmother years ago.

Apologies for my unnecessary post. :) Back to more barn cleaning.

o

I hope you can find the rest of the mixer!

o

I have pic of 1 similar that has a juicer piece over the hole there in middle. It's shown in Jadite green with the mixer & it is really an old looking never used in box(they probably took 1 look & decided it was too scary to use!!) It has the black cord crossing right where handle is & base of mixer has a large cut out section at back of it. I can't see top part of your spout, this 1 is curved before the spout & spout has glass almost over top of it so liquid comes out the side close to top. I've seen Sunbeam ones at Antique Mall & they are a little newer than this model. I really like them tho. They had nice lines & very practical. My 5 yr old Sunbeam Mixmaster is a pain, hard to get beaters out, have to push in to get bowl out from under or if up have to push to get it in to position to mix. A real pain & hard on my poor fingers. Kitchenaid much easier to use. If you find the whole thing it will probably work great!! I think the juicer must go on sideways & bowl catches juice. I think you hold the half of citrus against the center part that is missing. Looks like center of a reamer.

o

Thanks for the postings - No sign of the mixer or the other pieces to the juicer just yet but there is still a lot to look thru. Definitely will keep looking.

Thanks again.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here