Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Etched Cut Glass/Crystal Bowl

Posted by drtechs (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 14, 10 at 19:34

Hello,
Can anyone please tell me if they know ANYTHING about this Bowl. It has a slight Olive Green tint to it, it stands 5-1/2" Tall and the Top Diameter measures 10" Across. The Bottom measures 5" across and has the Outer/Bottom Cuts which are 3" Long and are around the entire Bowls Bottom. On the Outside of the Bowl, on the side, it has an Etching of Leaves with the Stem, which also is around the entire Bowl. My Mother has owned this Beautiful Bowl for about 25 - 30 Years [or more as she is not exactly sure before this time mentioned]. ANY help with identifying this Bowl is GREATLY Appreciated in advance.
Thank You !!
URL to Pictures of Bowl:
http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y340/drtechs/Moms/CUTGLASSBowlandPlatterSETBOTH.jpg
AND
http://i1027.photobucket.com/albums/y340/drtechs/Moms/CUTGLASSBowlandPlatterSETBOTTOMBOWL.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Etched Cut Glass/Crystal Bowl

The bowl and the plate are not a "set"...the pattern and the class are not the same.
I don't believe that the bowl is "cut glass" it's a bowl with a molded "cut style" pattern embellished with hand cut engravings.
I don't know the maker, but 1970 or so would be a good guesstimate as to time period.
It's very pretty and I'll bet it's lovely filled with berries.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Bowl

o

I know the Platter is not the match. That was the only picture I had for this Bowl. There are no markings on it anywhere. Thanks For Your Time.

o

My mom has a bowl that matches your platter. It was her grandmother's fruit bowl. Not that that helps you at all!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here