Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Look what I did with my best souvenir spoon!

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 10, 11 at 19:31

A while back, I posted about spoons collected by my grandmother, an opera singer.

Here's the thread.

Among the photographs I've exhibited over the past year are two closeups of relief portraits from the Actors Fund Fair spoon. The portraits measure one-half to three-quarters of an inch; the photos are 8x10 in 16x20 frames. I skipped the largest female portrait because I didn't think most people would like her stern expression to hang in their house. Here's a couple of snaps of what they look like:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Gotta love a good macro lens! :-)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Look what I did with my best souvenir spoon!

And an artist who knows how to use it and print and frame the pictures!
Great stuff!
Spoons eh??? LOL!
Linda C

o

Very different! Make great pics, you'll be asked if they are your relatives! I take it 1 in center is!! Nice work & glad spoon became something useful!

o

The art is much more impressive than the spoons - & a far better way for their detail to be appreciated. Beautiful!

o

Those are wonderful. I live amongst a small sea of actors. Do you continue to do these?

o

Paige, I've done similar closeups of other silver spoon details, but recently I've been working on digitizing my dad's negatives from the 1940's--an entertaining and fascinating project.

Thanks for your nice comments, everyone!

o

me this thread pops to the top and I see the subject line again, my heart almost stops. My thoughts go to....please tell me some fool didn't make a ring out of their best spoon!!
Then I see the lovely photos and I relax!
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here