Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Tiffany silver plate find this weekend

Posted by javaandjazz (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 14, 12 at 19:31

Stopped at an estate sale this morning and lately I have been going over and looking at silver. I picked up these forks and knives(9 forks and 5 knives). I saw the tiffany mark and the EP for electroplate but I figured what the heck. They were only asking $20 for the set. They were so tarnished. Found out it's called English King.

IMG_5925

IMG_5923

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Tiffany silver plate find this weekend

Cool!!!! $20 for 14 pieces?? yeah!! I could do that!
They are really beautiful....I have a hunch you will spend well more than $20 buying more in that pattern!

Years ago, I bought 8 Sterling forks for $1 each.....
I now have in that pattern 24 dinner forks....28 knives, 14 gumbo spoons, 14 salad forks, 5 boullion spoons, 11 butter knives, 11 cocktail forks....plus ladels serving spoons and forks etc etc!!

You have a good start!! LOL! Enjoy, it's lovely!
Linda C

o

Oh yeah. You need spoons and serving utensils and...

o

Good find...& an extra bonus for the knives! Old knives - especially by a famous maker with original SP blades in good condition - are getting hard to come by.

o

Now I can feel like the Vanderbilts when I eat! LOL

o

Beautiful! I love it when someone gets a great deal. But you know you're going to need cocktail forks, and pie forks, and demitasse spoons, and five o'clock spoons, and . . . ;)

o

only if I find it at bargain prices will I add the set! I already have a set of wallace buckingham. I found the tiffany set in wallingford, CT and also the wallace set too. In this area is also Meriden and years ago that was the silver capitol with all the silver companies there. I wish I can find more sets at the estate sales.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here