{{gwi:1381986}}

{{gwi:1381987}}

{{gwi:1381988}}

Thanks---

Comments (10)

• lindac
    14 years ago

Of course!!
    It's old 1930's kitch....there is always a demand, just because it's not "fine china" and was often discarded....what's left is sought after.
    Check on line and don't forget eBay.
    Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: Butter dish

• sjarz
    14 years ago

There is a posting on ebay of this very item, the seller says it's a syrup set; I have no knowledge of the item personally.
    No bids but it is listed at $45.
    I've posted the link if anyone's interested.
    Suzan J

Here is a link that might be useful: Hostess Ware Syrup Set on Ebay

• lindac
    14 years ago

Syrup set???? LOL!
    It's for milk and cream....milk for your cereal and cream for your coffee.
    Linda C

• pris
    14 years ago

Okay. I'll bite. What's a "batter"? The only thing I can think of is something to put pancake/waffle batter in. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me unless your cooking your breakfast at the table.

• lindac
    14 years ago

I think the person who was selling the set on ebay was fishing for a logical use for 2 different sized pitchers....and chose the wrong one!

• countryjunkgirlinil
    14 years ago

It is a butter and syrup set. I had one kinds like that but in different design.

• lindac
    14 years ago

I disagree....milk and cream. I never heard of serving butter in a pitcher.
    That set is from the very very early days of my childhood, the milk for your cereal or tea and cream for your coffee or cereal if that's what you liked was served in a pitcher on the table and my grandmother had a spooner of spoons but my mother had a flat spoon stacker.

• countryjunkgirlinil
    14 years ago

Accodrning to my HOT KITCHEN and Home COLLECTIIBLES of the 30'40'50' this set is a Batter set if you set it on the stove or Syrup set if you decide to set it on the table.. The book mentions they are mistaken for milk or tea sets. Value is between $45-$65 they were popular in the mail order catalogs.

• pris
    14 years ago

Actually, I've seen drawn butter served in restaurants along with warmed syrup for pancakes and waffles. It's been many years but but they were served in stainless steel pitchers. I still don't know about this particular set though.

• countryjunkgirlinil
    14 years ago

I have see them in some old family resturants. My mom had a set, not like this brand or design she always had it sitting on the table. One with melted butter other with pure maple. I had one but never had the plate for it and it was missing a lid
    Pris i have seen the ones your talking about.