Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Found these in our old ice house today......

Posted by alisande (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 10, 11 at 18:55

They look like they might go with a sewing machine, although I have no idea what the round part is. Maybe it holds a belt of some kind?

Whatever they are, I don't imagine they're worth anything, given how rusted they are.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Found these in our old ice house today......

Yep....the iron legs to a sewing machine with the wheel that the belt goes on....but without the treadle.

Here is a link that might be useful: sewing machines

o

Thanks, Linda! I wonder what became of the rest of it.....and why they saved the legs.

o

It would make for neat table legs, no? You keep finding goodies there, perhaps you'll find the rest of the assembly. I suspect a good many of those old treadle frames were interchangeable. I collect them, because the machines are not that hard to find, but the bases are. And without the working mechanisms to drive the belt my machines would be non-functional.

o

My night stand is a treadle base with a granite top. The round part isn't with my base.

It does make a great table.

o

My aunt had large square board finished like furniture on couple of those & lovely hand made doily & all of her African Violets near window in filtered sun. They did great & fit in with all of her other antiques. Rust comes off with little elbow grease & paint any color you want.

o

Cast iron end frames for a treadle sewing machine. The treadle and connecting rod are missing as well as all the cabinetry.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here