Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for parts for antique mirror and/or information

Posted by dgrow (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 28, 13 at 18:19

See pictures. I don't know the origin of this mirror, or it's date. I'd be interested if anyone knows anything about it. As you can see the screw (for the part the mirror tilts on) is broken. Anyone have any ideas were I could find a replacement? Any help or information is appreciated.

DG

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for parts for antique mirror and/or information

It doesn't quite match yours, but here's one from Van Dyke's.

And here's another from Constantine's:

http://www.constantines.com/toilettepinantiquebrass.aspx

Don't throw away the old hardware if you replace it! Keep it with the mirror.

Your mirror is late Victorian, probably 1880s, in a style sometimes called ball-and-spindle. It looks like it's either walnut or mahogany.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mirror supports from Van Dyke's

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here