Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spoons....any ideas???

Posted by ritamay (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 1, 11 at 18:00

Hi every one,

I have had these spoons forever. I was just wondering if any one would know any thing about them.
I'm pretty sure they are sterling. They are about 9 inches long, have a twisted handle with an encased stone at the end.
Strange little things. lol

[IMG]http://i11

TIA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spoons....any ideas???

Let's try that again...

[IMG]http://i116

o

Iced tea or mint julep spoons? Without a picture, not much else to add.

o
RE: spoons....any ideas?

never mind........can't get the pic to post.

o

O.k.....got it this time...............

Photobucket

o

Drink stirrers.....bar ware. Maybe mexican?
Are they marked?
Linda C

o

I had some, got them from lady cleaning out some things, forgotten what they were for,getting olive out of martini? I don't drink but think they had something to do with a drink. Mine are Mexican silver & have different colored stone in end of each one.I don't see them in hutch but think they are about 4 1/2 in. long. Did they have strawberry in martini for awhile in 70's?Anyway thought they would be good for sugar cubes but never used them for that.

o

I don't see a mark. The actual spoon part is pretty flat.
thanks....

o

They are stirrers....like a classy swizzle stick. Likely silver but perhaps not Sterling fineness....more like 800...or maybe coin from Mexican silver coins.

o

thanks lindac..........
Do you know if they are worth anything??

o

Everything's worth "something"...because they aren't marked, not a lot. but they are cute....someoene will give you 3 or 4 dollars a piece for them.

o

thanks for the info!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here