Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Antique Bronze Lamp with Ceramic Centerpiece

Posted by calebss310 (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 28, 12 at 17:50

My little brother just broke my mom's antique lamp that she was handed down from her grandmother. (OOPS!!) Anywho, I would like to find out if there are any more out there for sale. The lamp shade is fine, but the ceramic centerpiece is shattered. Pics are attached. I don't need the lamp shade, but the actual lamp would be great. I was thinking of giving it to her on Mother's Day.

http://tinypic.com/r/2qwzvdc/6
http://tinypic.com/r/2e5od1d/6
http://tinypic.com/r/2vbod9w/6
I included a picture of the lamp shade for reference in helping finding if there are any more out there.

Thank you very much in advance!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Antique Bronze Lamp with Ceramic Centerpiece

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

;)
Ruh-Roh, someone's in trouble! You are sweet to try to find a replacement for Mother's Day, but it may be like trying to find a needle in a haystack, to match the existing shade.

That looks like frosted glass. Google 'vintage lamp globes' or 'vintage frosted glass globes'. Good luck--sorry about the size of pics.

Here is a link that might be useful: antiquelampsupply

o

Uh oh! The decoration on the lamp shade and the broken center globe matches. You'll need both pieces or an exact match of the globe to restore this lamp to its former glory.

You may find it of interest to poke around in the site below. It has may repair parts for vintage to late model lamps. However, I did not find a decorative globe to fit your lamp. You might be able to adapt a globe shade, the ones with openings at top and bottom.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ball Shades

o

If you're desperate and financial enough, these people may be able to custom paint a shade for you:

Here is a link that might be useful: Custom Glass Shade supplier

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here