Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Luce Co. Dining Suite

Posted by stacisantiques (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 11, 12 at 13:25

Anybody know the value of this furniture made by the Luce Co? I have a unique style buffet, table, 4 chairs, 2 leaves and custom pads made for the table. I am looking to sell it and have a price in mind but am trying to see if I am too high or too low.
Thanks for your help! I can always rely on opinions or info from you folks!
Photobucket

inlay and paint design on buffet, same is on chairs, table and buffet.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Luce Co. Dining Suite

It looks like a nice 1930s-40s set that was upgraded by painting parts of it green later in its life to match the inlays. And it looks like the veneer is peeling on the chair.

Depending on where you live, you will be lucky to get $200 for it, or easily get $500+

o
RE: Luce Co. Dining Suite

There is no veneer peeling. The finish is peeling in places. There is nothing wrong with the set other than on the chairs where the finish is peeling like I said. I was told it came green like this with the design in back and on the drawers of the buffet all match exactly. This company closed its doors in 1938. I would like to see $500 for all of it and hopefully do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here