Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Price Advice on Chairs

Posted by debodun (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 15, 12 at 12:14

I have two sets of chairs I want to put out for my upcoming garage sale, but I don't know what would be a reasonable price for them.

This set are on the small side (30" tall at the backs) and I've been told they might be cherry. The seats have been reupholstered.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee57/debodun/Audreyschairs.jpg

These are a little larger than the set above. The one on the right has a wobbly leg and it looks like the seat was repaired underneath with metal braces. The one on the left has rollers on the legs.
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee57/debodun/greenchairs.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Price Advice on Chairs

The set I have linked may or may not be cherry....probably not. They are sort of a later copy of an older Victorian style chair.

The second set is much nicer and older. A his and her's set....likely 1890 to 1910....can't see the wood nor if the design in the back is painted or carved. Cushions appear to have springs in them....nice set.
As to what to ask in a garage sale? Depends on where you live, what the"economics" of your town is and what else you will have in your sale to draw a crowd.
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: one set of chairs

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here