Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Georgian walnut cabinet?

Posted by ianpenrith (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 5, 13 at 10:09

Could anyone help identify the specifics of this cabinet? I know it's walnut, at least I think it's walnut, other than that I have no idea of its age or value. I have no intention of selling it, I'm simply curious.

Cheers!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Georgian walnut cabinet?

Not Georgian. Looks like 1930s-40s walnut with burl veneer panel on the door.

Also looks very useful.

o
RE: Georgian walnut cabinet?

Could we see pictures of the back, and the inside, and if possible, the underside? Also a close-up of the hardware and of the foot. These are going to tell us more about the cabinet than anything else.

It looks like a later version of a coffer that I have that dates from ca. 1680. Mine is continental, not English.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here