Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Advice selling antique dining room set

Posted by wjschmitz (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 20, 12 at 9:48

I have a 1910-17 walnut dining set made by the Crocker Chair Company. It has been in my family since 1917. My wife and I have had it for the past 21 years, but we would like to redecorate and no one else in the family wants it.
It is a nice looking table 45x60" with five leaves that will expand it to 120". It also has six chairs and a matching buffet.
I found an old catalog page that shows the table and buffet, but the chairs are different than shown as it is from a slightly later generation:
http://images.library.wisc.edu/WI/EFacs/SheboyganLocHist/SheCrock1924/M/0012.jpg
I have no idea how much it is worth, or how to even begin getting it appraised or sold. Any help or suggestions? For what it is worth, we live in Woodbury, MN just east of St. Paul.
Thanks,
Bill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Advice selling antique dining room set

I'm in the Twin Cities and just bought an antique set on Craigslist for $800. If I were you I'd haunt the Craigslist antique and furniture sections for awhile to get a sense of what is there and what price. There are actually a lot of 20s-30s formal walnut sets, and whether or not they sell for a good price--or sell at all--depends, I'd think, on getting the right buyer. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here