Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Girl's head, ceramic

Posted by suzieq54 (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 11, 10 at 8:59

I found these at an antique mall and really like them. Just was curious about them. There are no markings that I can see. Thanks!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_4VscZJpzP0o/S8HG47Ta4LI/AAAAAAAAAJs/d8kLuVF1FQE/s320/100_2299.GIF

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Girl's head, ceramic

They look Russian or other slavic to me....sorry I don't know anything either but I like them. How big are they?
Linda C

Here is a link that might be useful: heads

o

They are 6" tall. The bases measure 2.5X 2. I saw some on ebay that were vases. I think they were new. The sticker on these said they were old. They look old to me, but I really don't know. I bought them because I liked them. I am just curious to know a little more about them.

o

I have emailed a copy of your picture to a Russian friend of mine. She will know if they are or not.

o

Well,I can't say anything about the dolls , I have never seen like these before,even in local folk art museums back home or any art book or magazines.Do not think this is anything traditional russian art.
Have no suggestion,if you know more about,let me know,it iinteresting,very much.

o

Thanks. I haven't found anything either.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Antiques & Collectibles Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here