Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gilmoregal

Jet-O-Matic Coffee Pot Parts??

gilmoregal
13 years ago

This is a cross-post from the Cooking forum. I wasn't sure which forum would be best to post this question, so feel free to redirect me.

I recently found a vintage Homemaker's Guild of America Jet-O-Matic Coffee Pot (10 cup) at an estate sale. It has all parts except the stem to the coffee basket. After doing a little internet research, it appears that the same pot was also sold under the Saladmaster brand. Does anyone know of a source to buy parts for vintage coffee pots? I looked on eBay, and found several pots, but no parts. I would prefer not to have to buy an entire pot just to get the stem....

Thank you for any help.

Comments (43)

• lazy_gardens
    13 years ago

You can replace the stem with aluminum tubing cut to size.

• rbradford68
    8 years ago

I have a Jet O Matic stem. Contact me at rbradford@simplynet.net.

• jlang53
    8 years ago

rbraford68, do you have the basket. my wife accidentally tossed ours in the trash.

• rbradford68
    8 years ago

No, sorry, only had the stem and have sold it.

• Dianne Turner
    7 years ago

We recently found a jet-a-matic in the box and felt it was a great find. it appeared to have all the parts.. then we realized preforated the lid that sits on the basket was missing. Would like to know if that part is available

• John Winn
    6 years ago

Dianne, it doesn't have a cover for the top of the basket. The lid actually seals against the top of the open basket.

• Marc Hubbard
    6 years ago

I have two Jet-o-matic pots. I have a problem with the stem sticking in the bottom on both. They are very, very hard to remove. Is this normal? One I plan to part out, if anyone is interested.

• gsswy
    6 years ago

I need the stem and basket. Please contact me at gsswy@bellsouth.net if you have these two items. Thanks.

• vinita_lanning
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I need the stem for the Saladmaster Jet-o-Matic model 10... does anyone have this or know where I might look online to find!! Please email me info at Vinita.lanning@gmail.com

• Keith Miller
    6 years ago

Marc Hubbard a few months late to the conversation but I would be interested in the thermostat and heating element of the jet o matic coffee pots.

• emmas_acres
    6 years ago

Does anyone have a stem left? Little late still need one.

Thanks

• Robin Cotten
    6 years ago

Does anybody have the part that sits on top of the basket that has holes in it please?

• Marc Hubbard
    5 years ago

I have a couple of Jet O Matic coffee makers that I am parting out, If anyone is interested.

• Marc Hubbard
    5 years ago

Keith Miller, I just saw your comment and these parts are still available.

• Carl Kennedy
    5 years ago

My coffee pot doesn't seem to be drawing enough water through the grounds. Do I need a special grind or do I need to clean the base of the stem?

• Rebecca Ray Smith
    5 years ago

Marc Hubbard, do you still have the parts available? I need the stem & basket! You can email me at momietimes3@hotmail.

• Andrea Beatty
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Marc Hubbard, do you happen to have a plug-in for the coffee pot? My mother-in-law has lost hers. My email is andreabeatty@bellsouth.net.

• Lindy Iwaszewski
    5 years ago

hi there ! found a jet omatic in awesome condition all parts were included, light works, but only problem seems to be the amount of coffee grinds that get over the side of the basket and end up in the coffee.. love LOVE this machine.. really want to keep using it.. (in Canada) :)

• Steven Miller
    5 years ago

Hey Lindy, new log on but Keith Miller from above. It would behoove you to get a coffee grinder that allows for coarse grinds and only use about 5 tablespoons per maximum pot.

• Steven Miller
    5 years ago

For fine grinds I use less coffee and a filter. Some grinds are going to find there way into the pot with fine grinds. A few will go in with the course grind as well.

• Lindy Iwaszewski
    5 years ago

thanks so much for your reply.. was using fine grind !! gave the screen in the jet a cleaning, and the pot chugged and belched like a gassy moose !! the cup of coffee is one of the finest ever.. think i'll be watching the late game tonight :)

• DeeDee Sandhurst
    5 years ago

Hello! Like so many others, I too am looking for a stem and basket please. If anyone has parts please email me at 2012deev8@gmail.com. Much appreciated in advance.

• Lindy Iwaszewski
    5 years ago

when I visit the thrifts I always check the kitchen utensils … i'll be sure to keep you in mind

• DeeDee Sandhurst
    5 years ago

Thanks! I'd appreciate that very much.

• HU-848774753
    5 years ago

Looking for a power cords for model 10 coffeemaker. Any suggestions where I can get one?

Many thanks!

• Marc Hubbard
    5 years ago

Any vintage coffee percolator cord will work with these.

• Marc Hubbard
    5 years ago

Still have the two pots available for parts. If interested send me an email at oxf1440@gmail.com

• Marc Hubbard
    5 years ago

Keith Miller Let me know if you still need parts at oxf1440@gmail.com

• Marc Hubbard
    5 years ago

• Marc Hubbard
    5 years ago

Sold a stainless steel basket/stem assembly. Still have one aluminum basket and stem assy. If interested, email me at at oxf1440@gmail.com

• HU-196080982
    5 years ago

My model 10 makes a screeching sound when brewing. I took out the basket and stem and it didn’t have the ear splitting screeching noise. Does anyone have an idea to eliminate the noise?help!!!!

• HU-437064173
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I recently bought a Model 10 on an auction. I have tried to brew a couple of pots and the water heats up but it doesn’t make any coffee. The grounds in the top seem to be untouched. Am I doing something wrong? I took apart the stem and cleaned the screen. Thoughts?

• HU-712289250
    4 years ago

I have tried to brew a couple of pots and the water heats up but it doesn’t make any coffee. The grounds in the Basket are dry, I don’t know if I’m doing something wrong? I took apart the stem and cleaned the screen. help please

• HU-384573953
    4 years ago

Is there anyone in here that might have just a stem for me to purchase?? Pls email at savymom45@aol.com, & put “percolater stem” in the subject line. Thanks so much I’m advance.... Debo

• HU-827550068
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I bought my Jet-o-Matic new from a dealer in 1981. It came with a little wire brush. Instructions were to brush out the well where the stem sits. This helps tremendously with the “sticking stem” and the water not pumping properly over the coffee in the basket.

I have pulled mine out of its box and used it the last few days. The coffee it makes has the most natural sweet taste.

I have and have not used a filter. It tastes, actually, better to me without filtering and just letting the grounds settle to the bottom of the carafe into which I pour it after brewing.

May God bless us all in the midst of this Corona Crisis. Psalm 121 (Google it) “ He’s Got the Whole World in His Hands”.

Jeff Hardy

Newton, MS

3/23/20

• Eddie Kulp
    3 years ago

I worked at the biloxi factory in 1978 buffed the pots before they were assembled, one of the first jobs I

• Kathleen Jennings
    3 years ago

I recently purchased a 10 cup jet o magic and it makes a loud screeching noise when brewing. I'm wondering if I'm missing a part of the base, this is all I have. Is there another part that should be going in the base?

• Adam Barnes
    3 years ago

I just found a jet-o-matic recently & have been using it, it sounds like a jet lolz or dinosaur

• Sandy Bogan
    3 years ago

I have a Jet o matic and I love it. I got it in June and it’s been working great but the other day, it stopped working. I had forgotten to unplug it after I emptied the pot and didn’t notice that until the next morning. Is that why it won’t work anymore, possibly? Any ideas on what I can do to get it working again?

• HU-594340976
    3 years ago

Looking for stem only for the Model 10 Jet-o-Matic! Please email me if you can hook me up with one! Thank you!

jlouperry@gmail.com

• HU-575988328
    2 years ago

I need stem only for Saladmaster jet o matic coffee pot model 10. Anyone have one?

• HU-436050781
    9 months ago

My mother in law passed away, When clearing her house found a Jet coffee pot. In great condition. Cleaned it & used it. The coffee grins went all in the coffee. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestion?